Hillcrest High School Senior Project Requirements
Senior Project consists of four parts:
- 20 hour+ project (service or product)
- 8-10 page MLA formatted research paper
- Professional portfolio, which includes logs and pictures of the project, resume, letter of intent, and the research paper
- 15-20 minute presentation explaining research and project to a panel of community judge
- Must be 20+ hours and a completed project -- not complete if 20 hours are complete, but project is not finished.
- Time doing project must be recorded with pictures & logs
- You MUST be in the pictures -- pictures of you doing your project (not selfies). Examples below.
- MUST FINISH the project before or during the trimester you plan to take the class - and before you present to judges.
(No partially completed projects will be allowed to pass for graduation requirement or be presented to judges.)
- You MUST get Senior Project Committee approval before you start your project -- If your project is not approved prior, it may not pass the committee and you will have done all of that work for nothing.
How to get approval of your Senior Project:
1. Fill out the Approval Form (see below).
Approval Form MUST be turned in by May 4th, 2018 for the 2018-2019 year.
Turn the Approval Form in to Mrs. Gore (room 112) or Mrs. Crabtree (room 108) on or before May 4th.
Senior Project Committee will review all projects.
Committee will let you know if there are questions or concerns about your project.
Committee will also let you know when your project has been approved.
If you have questions, please talk to Mrs. Gore (room 112) or Mrs. Crabtree (room 108).
Email teachers if you have questions:
Mrs. Crabtree firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Wood email@example.com
Mr. Weber weberB@d93.k12.id.us
2. Once approved, you will need to log ALL of your hours. To know what you need to do to log your project hours, see the following forms and examples:
LETTER TO JUNIORS -- overview of Senior Project